Elisabeth and Samuel Wyder-Leemann:
The earliest surveyed plans for the city of Zurich
Cartographica Helvetica 10 (1994) 25–32
In 1893 eleven municipalities were incorporated into the town of Zurich. Of most of these former municipalities detailed plans are existing that show us the plot owners of the late 17th and early 18th centuries. However, most municipality plans in the canton of Zurich were produced only in the 18th century. Therefore, good reasons must have existed that large-scale plans were drawn in the vicinity of the town.
This article reviews the most important of these tithe plans. Mapmakers include Hans Conrad Gyger, Hans Rudolf Müller, and Hans Jacob Lavater.